This is Episode 81 of the Jesus Society Podcast. And today we’re continuing our talk about what it means to follow Jesus in the 21st century.
The first piece of this, which we got into last week, had to do with some of the biblical background to the kingdom of God, and Jesus’ statement in Mark 1 that “the time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand.” Because if we’re going to follow Jesus, we’ve got to understand something about what he’s up to.
And the point that we tried to make last week is that in Jesus, God is at last coming to fulfill his age-old purposes. His purposes for Israel, his purposes for the human race, his purposes through Israel for the human race, and through the human race for the world.
Join us today as we discuss:
1. Saved from creation or saved for creation?
2. How the story of Israel and the story of God both intersect in Jesus.
3. The gritty call to discipleship
4. God’s Kingdom agenda and the part he wants us to play.
As always, we’d appreciate it if you’d tell others about the podcast. If you enjoy the show, please subscribe, rate and review us on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, Amazon Music, or wherever you get your podcasts.
You can also find episodes of The Jesus Society podcast onto YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEy1ppP5RWd3jXPc6bI6WuQ/) and Odysee (https://odysee.com/@TheJesusSocietyPodcast:6). If you search for The Jesus Society Podcast on either YouTube or Odysee, you’ll find us.
Thanks for listening!
And remember, you are greatly loved.
Music and audio production by Nathan Longwell Music
Resources for Today’s Show:
1. The Jesus Society Podcast, Episode 7 (April 6, 2020) — The Story of the Bible – Part 5: Did God Give Up on Israel? (https://thejesussociety.com/2020/04/06/tjs-podcast-the-story-of-the-bible-part-5-did-god-give-up-on-israel/)
2. The Jesus Society Podcast, Episode 9 (April 20, 2020) — The Story of the Bible – Part 7: What REALLY Happened on the Cross? (https://thejesussociety.com/2020/04/20/tjs-podcast-episode-7-the-story-of-the-bible-part-7-what-really-happened-on-the-cross/)