Last week I introduced a new series on the Lord’s Prayer. For several reasons, I’ve decided to do a rewind episode this week because it fits what we’re going to be talking about in the first part of the Lord’s Prayer. So what you’re about to hear originally aired as Episode 28, which was part of a Freedom series I did last year, this episode titled “The Father-Heart of God.”
As we address God as Father in the Lord’s prayer, we’re addressing him as a father. It’s important that we understand what that means (and what it doesn’t mean). And I think this rewind episode will set the stage for that pretty well.
So join me today as we discuss:
1. The root of spiritual freedom.
2. Who Is God . . . Really?
3. What a good Father looks like.
4. How to really please God.
5. Moving From Doubt to Faith
6. The difference between living as orphans and living like sons and daughters.
7. The difference between discipline and condemnation.
Each of us has a choice. You can see and determine God’s character in light of and through your own experiences. OR, you can see and determine your own experiences in light of and through God’s character. One choice leads to misery and bondage, the other to freedom and hope and joy and peace.
As always, we’d appreciate it if you’d tell others about the podcast. If you enjoy the show, please subscribe, rate and review us on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, AND now also on Amazon Music.
Please visit us on our Facebook page for The Jesus Society Podcast (@JesusSocietyPodcast). We’ve also got a Facebook group for the Jesus Society Podcast. Also, check out our NEW website — thejesussociety.com.
And, as we continue to try and grow our audience, we’re currently loading all episodes of The Jesus Society podcast onto YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEy1ppP5RWd3jXPc6bI6WuQ/) and Odysee (https://odysee.com/@TheJesusSocietyPodcast:6). If you search for The Jesus Society Podcast on either YouTube or Odysee, you’ll find us.
And, if you’d like to support the show and our related ministry, click on the “Support TJS” link on the Jesus Society website to find out how (thejesussociety.com).
Thanks for listening!
And remember, you are greatly loved.
Music and audio production by Nathan Longwell Music
Resources for Today’s Show:
1. The Heart of an Orphan vs. The Heart of a Son (Downloadable PDF)
2. Growing in Intimacy with God – Does God Talk to Us? (May 4, 2020)
3. Growing in Intimacy with God – Prayer as Dialogue (May 11, 2020)
4. Growing in Intimacy with God – Learning to Live Loved (May 18, 2020)
5. Growing in Intimacy with God – Where is God When I Hurt? (May 25, 2020)