This is Episode 68 of the Jesus Society Podcast, and we’re continuing our Men of God series here, and today I want to talk about what boys need from their fathers, what happens to the heart of a boy when he doesn’t get it, and how God will step in to heal and restore the heart of the boy — or man, as it were — if we’ll just let him.
So many of us men need to experience God as a loving Father, to know that we’re valued and loved and treasured. And to rediscover — maybe for the first time in our lives — that we’re not alone.
So join me today as we discuss:
1. The four critical needs of a boy and how those things prepare the boy for manhood.
2. What happens when those needs are not met by the boy’s father.
3. How a boy’s heart becomes wounded.
4. How God will redeem the heart of a man.
5. What the Bible says about God as a father.
6. How to step into God’s embrace as a father.
As always, we’d appreciate it if you’d tell others about the podcast. If you enjoy the show, please subscribe, rate and review us on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, AND now also on Amazon Music.
Please visit us on our Facebook page for The Jesus Society Podcast (@JesusSocietyPodcast). We’ve also got a Facebook group for the Jesus Society Podcast. Also, check out our NEW website — thejesussociety.com.
And, as we continue to try and grow our audience, we’re currently loading all episodes of The Jesus Society podcast onto YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEy1ppP5RWd3jXPc6bI6WuQ/) and Odysee (https://odysee.com/@TheJesusSocietyPodcast:6). If you search for The Jesus Society Podcast on either YouTube or Odysee, you’ll find us.
And, if you’d like to support the show and our related ministry, we’ve added a Patreon page (https://www.patreon.com/thejesussociety).
Thanks for listening!
And remember, you are greatly loved.
Music and audio production by Nathan Longwell Music
Resources for Today’s Show:
1. John Eldredge, Fathered by God: Learning What Your Dad Could Never Teach You (Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2009).