Building on last week’s episode, I’m going to spend some time today telling you a little about how God himself stepped into the void of my life and has fathered me over the years. And if you’re a man listening to this who didn’t have the father you wish you’d had, I think — I pray — that maybe my own story here might be helpful to yo
Join me today as we discuss:
1. The power of surrogate fathers.
2. Being fathered by God himself.
3. The hard lessons of independence.
4. Important advice for young men who didn’t arrive at adulthood with the fathers they might have wished they had.
5. Important advice for older men who have come through their own fathering experience, either because you had a good father, or because God himself fathered you.
We as God’s people must do a better job of giving children strong, supportive, loving families. We just must.
“Everybody today seems to be in such a terrible rush, anxious for greater developments and greater riches and so on, so that children have very little time for their parents. Parents have very little time for each other, and in the home begins the disruption of peace of the world.” – Mother Teresa
As always, we’d appreciate it if you’d tell others about the podcast. If you enjoy the show, please subscribe, rate and review us on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, AND now also on Amazon Music.
Please visit us on our Facebook page for The Jesus Society Podcast (@JesusSocietyPodcast). We’ve also got a Facebook group for the Jesus Society Podcast. Also, check out our website — thejesussociety.com.
And, as we continue to try and grow our audience, we’re currently loading all episodes of The Jesus Society podcast onto YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEy1ppP5RWd3jXPc6bI6WuQ/) and Odysee (https://odysee.com/@TheJesusSocietyPodcast:6). If you search for The Jesus Society Podcast on either YouTube or Odysee, you’ll find us.
And, if you’d like to support the show and our related ministry, we’ve added a Patreon page (https://www.patreon.com/thejesussociety).
Thanks for listening!
And remember, you are greatly loved.
Music and audio production by Nathan Longwell Music
Resources for Today’s Show:
1. Men of God – Part 1: Growing up Without a (Good) Father (https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-jesus-society/id1500065616?i=1000523638870)
2. John Eldredge, Fathered by God: Learning What Your Dad Could Never Teach You (2009) (https://www.amazon.com/dp/1400280273/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_AZ3EA0H5EXS4CKFPCHYZ)